Friday, December 18, 2009

Easy Breezy Vanilla Cupcakes!


Since this is my first post to the blog, I decided to start it off on a sweet note:) Earlier this week, we celebrated my little munchkin's birthday at his daycare. Since the daycare provider had asked me to get treats for the kids that weren't too sweet, I decided to try some homemade treats for them. After little googling, I came across this wonderful recipe for Vanilla cupcakes and decided to give it a shot. And viola, in an hour, the cupcakes were ready with very little mess left in the kitchen.
The recipe goes like this:
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (I added 1 cup)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups milk.


Turn oven on to 375 degrees F.

Put butter in mixer and beat at medium speed until somewhat smooth. Pour in sugar and beat well. Add 2 eggs. Mix well. Add: vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until it looks like it is supposed to and pour into individual baking cups, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Since I did not have a cupcake pan, I used a mini muffin pan and baked for approximately 12 minutes.

Finally, used store bought chocolate frosting to make it look presentable.

To my surprise, even my little boy who is not too crazy about anything sweet, swallowed two of these in no time. That's compliment enough for me:)


1 comment: